Tuesday, November 5, 2013

REVIEW: Shopping - Consumer Complaints



Consumer Complaints by East London's Shopping --  I like the name of the album, I like the spiky, choppy guitar and rhythmic arrangements, I like the shout-sing vocals of Rachel Aggs, I like the way that the thick, propulsive bass and drums glue together the vocals and guitar into an incredible groove, and  I like the attitude that evinces punk-meets-new-wave-meets-urban-noir.  It is 13 deliciously frenzied and jittery tracks that worm into your ears, and dictate to your feet.  The guy in the office below probably thinks I'm hammering an Ark to handle Seattle's winter rains - no, Doug, that's just me dancing to Consumer Complaints.

It is entirely possible that you haven't heard of Shopping before, but I urge you to give it a try.  You'll be glad you did.






Consumer Complaints is out now via Milk Records.  The band is touring in support of the album, and the remaining dates are:
NOV 5TH - LONDON - Sound Savers !!ALBUM LAUNCH!! BONFIRE AND BRING YOUR OWN EFFIGY 
NOV 6TH - LEEDS - Oporto Bar
NOV 7TH - NOTTINGHAM - The Chameleon
NOV 8TH - LIVERPOOL - the Kazimier
NOV 9TH - NEWCASTLE - Heart attack & Vine all dayer
NOV 10th - SHEFFIELD - Audacious Art Experiment

Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter
Milk Records

No comments: